July 1, 2017

Looking back on 2016

We are well into 2017 but I see that I did not post any in 2016 so here is a look back…

Most of my time is spent with family these days and that includes outings with our son. He has caught the aviation bug from me for sure!

We have enjoyed a few visits to the Frontiers of Flight Museum at Dallas Love Field.
Frontiers of Flight Museum

Our three most frequently visited North Texas airports are Propwash in Justin, Northwest Regional in Roanoke and Hicks in Ft. Worth.
J-3 restoration at Northwest Regional

Luscombe at Northwest Regional

T-6 Project at Propwash

My son and I have also jumped into my old model building hobby. We pull out a plastic model kit from my stash and build about one airplane a month.
Skyraider plastic model build

When we can we visit local North Texas aviation events. An open house at Propwash, a museum visit at Meacham, Addison and Lancaster.
Our son, Brennen, airplane spotting at Propwash

Daddy and Brennen in the shade of the Navion

Checking out the Vintage Flying Museum at Meacham

Mustang at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum

Woody and Mustang at Lancaster

In the Fall of 2016 us boys gave Mommy a break and did an overnight trip to the Antique Airplane fly-in held in Gainesville. Plenty of cool airplanes to spot and we even watched a fun T-6 airshow at sunset.
BIG T-6 at Gainesville Antique Fly-In

 The coolest part of the weekend was our sons first little airplane ride. Our friend Billy took us up in his Legend Cub.

First Cub ride!
As I sort back through my photos I will hit so more highlights from 2016. Stop back by soon!



No comments:

2023 Aviators Gift Guide

 We have a some recommendations for you to order a few last minute Christmas gifts for the aviation enthusiast in your life. There might jus...