Skip to main content

Happy 4th


Happy 4th of July!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Howard 500

The Mighty Howard 500 was a conversion from a Lockheed twin that makes a ramp presence like very few airplanes today.  If you were to see a Howard 500 on a ramp full of Challengers, Gulfstreams and Falcons... which do you think YOU would be drawn to?  Watch the video above and tell me you wouldn't skip the others and walk around the Howard!  Thanks to collector Toni Phillippi in Minnesota there are now two preserved Howard 500's in flying condition.  I first saw the Howard 500 at Oshkosh and walked by it several times a day for the week that I was there.  The powerful twin just draws you in.  If I were assembling a dream fleet of airplanes for my personal collection, A Howard 500 would be my traveling machine!  The video above shows that Mr. Phillippi flies his Howard's all over the country and even went to great lengths to return one from Europe to the United States.

For more on Mr. Phillippi's aircraft visit his web site - http://www.tpaero.com/

For more on Lockheed…

Ford TriMotor - Two TriMotors For Sale

It is a cold and icy day here in North Texas.  So that has me looking over aircraft for sale around the country.  The internet sure makes dream airplane shopping fun.  All your dream airplanes right on your screen!

Two of the coolest listings I found are on www.courtesyaircraft.com and if I were to buy a time machine back to the 1920s I would snag one of the Ford TriMotors!

N9610 and N9645 are Ford Trimotor's that have been restored to flyable condition. N9610 is base in Minnesota with the Golden Wings Flying Museum.  N9645 is base in Oregon with the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum.  Both look outstanding!

Below are my photos of N9645 when I visited the Evergreen collection back in 2007.






Which one should I pick?  Maybe I should just snag them both!

Great Lakes Biplane For Sale

When a unique airplane comes up for sale and deserves a good home... I just have to spread the word... Dan



Exceptional 1977 Great Lakes 2T-1A-2 offered for sale.  The Great Lakes is a wonderful biplane and is a very capable entry into moderate level aerobatics, that is also fun to fly low and slow with the wind on your face.  It will do everything a Stearman does, but fits in a t-hangar and only burns 10gph.  It can easily be rolled in and out of the hangar with one person.
This offering is N3823F, serial number 791, aircraft total time approx. 2050hr, annual Inspection May 2013, Engine-Lyc. AEIO-360-B1G6, approx. 40hrs SMOH by Buldoc 2009, Prop-Hartzell HC-C2YK-4F, Overhauled by Maxwell 2009, Factory new in 2000. Completely disassembled and restored in 2009-2010. Reassembled with all new hardware. Fuselage completely stripped, inspected, and refinished. Wings completely disassembled, inspected, replaced one wood spar (small end crack).  All fabric replaced with Ceconite.…